Please find below a detailed description of each of the items needed to get your property listed on the MLS and sold! We've saved the Listings Documents you'll need in the Google Drive links in red below. Click your market, and reference the documents to the instructions below, and please let us know if you have any questions.
- Seller's Document Checklist. This is a a comprehensive list of the documents we need to successfully list your home.
- Listing Agreement. You will need to fill in (A) Each owner's name per the CAD/deed PLUS their spouses name and your address and contact information; (B) Listing Price; (C) A listing term of your choosing); (D) Whether the property is in an HOA or MUD. Once complete, please initial, sign, and return to us.
- Pricing. When we receive the listing agreement, we will provide you with a comparative market analysis (CMA). This document will provide a mean and median price of houses in your area, as well as a suggested price range for the listing. Ultimately you decide the listing price. Typically, if there are no offers after the first 2-3 weeks, we recommend reducing the price 3-5%.
- Seller's Disclosure. The State of Texas requires that all sellers complete this form, and we like to provide it with the listing as soon as the listing goes live for potential buyers.
- MLS Input Sheet. This document will be used to input your home onto the MLS. The more detail you provide, the better! Every item with an asterisk is a required item for the listing by the MLS. If this document is not fully completed, it will delay the listing going live. If you would like us to complete this form for you, we are happy to help, and have estimated that it will take us approximately 3.5 hours to do so, so our fee for this extra service would be an additional $500. Please give us advance notice if you'd like to do it this way.
- Exclusions. This form will be attached to the listing to inform buyers of any fixtures or real estate items you will be removing from the property. If this form isn't returned, we will market the house as if their are no exclusions. You should consider removing anything you plan to take before the photos are taken to avoid any confusion for potential buyers.
- Seller's Updates. Please complete the attached form to inform potential buyers of any renovations and the age of big ticket items. This is a great addition to your listing that can really help it sell.
- Get Your Home Ready to Sell Checklist. This is an informational sheet about getting your home in the best condition possible for photography and showings.
- Photographer. We highly recommend that you use a professional photographer in order to present your home in the best light possible (pun intended). Please let us know if you would like us to arrange a professional photographer and when the house will be ready for pictures. If you would like to book and pay them directly, we will send you their contact info.
- HOA/MUD/PID. Please confirm that the property is or is not in an HOA/MUD/PID when you return the signed docs.
- Survey. Please let us know if you have a copy of the survey that we can upload to the listing. If you are providing a survey, the state of Texas requires you to complete the T47 Affidavit to accompany the survey.
- Information About Brokerage Services. Nothing to do on this form unless you want to. We are required by state law to give you this form. Once the listing agreement is signed, you are our client and we represent you.
- Feedback. Understandably, sellers want feedback from potential buyers. However, there is no incentive for buyers or their agents to provide you with useful information that you can use against them if they think there is even the slightest chance they will place an offer. Therefore, you should expect feedback from 10-20% of your showings, and that feedback will not usually be useful for the reasons mentioned above. We have found that most consistent feedback we receive is blunt and something like "priced far too high". If you have used the CMA as your guide, you know better.
- Our Fee. Our fee is just 1.5% of the closing price, paid from your closing proceeds at closing. You don't need to do anything other than approve your final settlement statement with the title company. Easy!
We will be able to get your house listed 24-48 hours from the time we receive the fully completed documents above, as well as photography (which is typically the bottleneck). We look forward to helping you throughout this process, and if you have any questions, the best way to reach us is through text or email. We do check voicemail less frequently.